Thursday, June 4, 2015

My Creative Time: Design Team Challenge

Hi, today is a brand new Designer's Challenge over on the My Creative Time blog. You can create a project of your choice using the Sketch, Colors, or Photo OR any combination of the three for inspiration. You can find them at the bottom of the post. 




I first cut out the adorable little doggy from the Loyal Friends stamp set. I stamped on the face from the same set and modified it using one of the mouths from the new You Make Life Sweet stamp set. I used a sunglasses die from the Winter Snowman dies to help create the cool surfer dog look. I chalked the cheeks and added white gel pen accents. 

I cut out the surfboard using a die from the Surf's Up stamp set and the waves were cut using the Make a Splash die. I stamped the sentiment onto the waves from the also from the Surf's Up stamp set using Versamark ink and Recollection's Snow embossing powder.

The sun was cut out using a couple of the dies from the Build a Banner stamp set. I added a small American Crafts twine to it.

For the base of my card along with the pattern paper mats, I used the Stitched Rectangular Frame dies.

I finished the card by adding some gold sequins from my stash.


Here are the photo, colors, and sketch for the current challenge!




For more design team inspiration please head on over to Miss Emma's blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by!! Looking forward to all of your amazing creations for the new challenge!!



7 comments:

  1. I love your cool, surfer doggy! lol he's adorable! The colors are so very pretty too. Really super nice card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG TOO cute...Love your little Surfer Pooch....he look so cool in his shades and gliding along on the waves. You really did a super outstanding creative job using Miss Emma's goodies and love the papers you chose they are awesome. I love too how you did your son that ever so clever. This would look so cute on a beach layout so thanks for the inspiration YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your surfer dog is just the cutest little thing! I'm in love with this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card. I love this dog set, it is probably the one I use the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your surfer doggie theme is adorable. Love the fun glasses...very clever idea! Great job on the challenge!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally ADORABLE Emily!!!! LOVING that cute pup surfing!!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Love that little dog.

    Leslie
    cascrapper at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete