Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Creative Time: Inspiration Wednesday

Hello, today is Inspiration Wednesday over at the My Creative Time Blog. My mom is the inspiration for my card. Last month, my stepfather succumbed to his cancer. It is never easy to lose a loved one. So I wanted to send her a card to let her know we are always thinking of her and with time, things will get better! Plus, I hope it might bring a smile to her face!  


The cut file I used for this card came from My Scrap Chick. I first started by cutting out the tree with brown card stock and then using Memento: Rich Cocoa ink to stamp on MCT's: Grainy Wood Background. I love how real it makes the tree look!!! I then used MCT: Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves for all the leaves on the the tree. I inked each one with Memento: Bamboo Leaves ink. I also added two little hearts from MCT: Stitched Sweethearts and MCT: Picture Perfect Stamp Set. I love how these two little hearts layered so well!!

Next, I cut out the cute little bear. I inked the edges with Memento: Blue Sky ink. I added a peachy face from PK-493 Everyday Character Face Parts and More. I also chalked the cheeks, colored the eyes with a Copic marker, and added white gel pen accents. I finished the little bear by adding a little pink twine bow to her hair.


Next, I added the flowers to the grass cuts also from MCT: Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves. I inked the edges of the the blue green flowers with the Sky Blue ink as well. I added Stickles to the centers to give them a bit of bling! 

To decorate the bottom of the card, I cut out a square block of the pretty flower paper using MCT: 4x4 Journal Die and More. I then created another larger flower by combining two flowers from the MCT: Stitched Pretty Flowers and Leaves. I created my own sentiment by using the MCT: Alpha Pack Stamp Set on a cut banner from MCT: Vintage Stitched Label Die.

Well that's my project!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! Please head on over to the My Creative Time Blog to see the rest of the design team's amazing creations!! 




6 comments:

  1. Joan SmithSeptember 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    AWWWW talk about the sweetest card ever you really did come up with the most precious idea for a card. I am so sorry for your loss and your Mom is so going to not only love her card but girl you are so going to be giving her a card that she will hold dear to her heart. You are truly one super sweet, thoughtful and loving daughter. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...how super adorable is this Emily!!!
    Such a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute and cheerful card. I lost my mom to cancer in August. And this card made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this is the SWEETEST card EVER!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily ~ TOTALLY ADORABLE!! How cute is this file with this sentiment! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete